Friday 25 September 2020

Modest Progess

I'm glad I decided to switch the focus on the MoD flat wagon project onto the main body section because its given me the feeling I'm getting somewhere with it.

It only took a couple of sessions to get the parts ready for a trial casting.

I'm attempting to make it in two pieces - a lower part which is the main steel body and the wooden deck.

The reason for doing it this way is to so that the bolt for the bogies can be counter-sunk into to the top of the lower casting and will be hidden by the deck above.

My only concern is that all the detail of the girders at each side cast reliably.

It's not very thick, and also quite wide, so it should be possible to get access in there with a cocktail stick when the resin is poured.

I still have all the handbrake detail to design for the bogies, which will be quite challenging, but the project is definitely moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment