Wednesday 14 April 2021

Number Nine

With an empty work bench I find my thoughts turning to what I might get up to next?

Something that's been on the wishlist for quite a while is the Dinas-based Baguley Drewery number 9 which turned up on the Welsh Highland in 2009 after being built for work at a sugar mill in Queensland.

It has ventured down to Porthmadog at least once and I've always been drawn to the bright yellow livery (my favourite colour).

At first glance it would seem to be an ideal candidate for a Farish 08 chassis with the jackshaft drive adaptation, but it's a much bigger beast than the FR's BD 0-6-0s, as comparison to the vintage brake van behind it shows.

I have some basic measurements for the body so it might be that I'll try to work up a design and start working out how best we can scratch build it.

No comments:

Post a Comment