Monday 31 August 2015

Farmhouse Progress

Since my last post about Cwm Cloch farmhouse I have finished scribing the two gable end walls and added the window frame details.


In the period between our first research trips to Beddgelert and the reopening of the railway the owners had clearly been splashing some cash because all the windows in the house were replaced with uPVC units with the fake vertical bead in the middle to make them look olde worlde.


My way of trying to reproduce this on the model is to fix a very fine styrene strip behind.

This will slightly affect the placement of the glazing but I have filed them to make them as thin as I dare in the hope that it won't be too obvious.


So, as you can see, the central section of the house has been glued together.

The next stage is to add the window frames to the three walls of the front extension.

No comments:

Post a Comment