Saturday 6 February 2021

The Repair Shop

Looking back, I think the moment you realise you've become a parent - or more specifically, a Dad - is when you become aware of that unshakeable belief in your ability to fix stuff.

I'm still very much an apprentice in this compared to Himself.

But I have say I'm rather pleased with my efforts to restore a distinctly second hand ventilated van.


My youngest picked this old Mainline van up from a bric-a-brac stall at the local exhibition a couple of years ago, but it wasn't until very recently that I noticed one of the sliding doors was missing.

I pondered what to do about it until I dawned on me that I could use my casting know-how to make a copy of the door and its runners.


Once it's painted I think it'll end up looking rather convincing.


No comments:

Post a Comment