Sunday 7 August 2016

Support Structure

I ended my last post writing about how the body shell of 150 is going to be a rather flimsy affair until I can get the rounded observation saloon end fitted.

So I've been trying to do what I can to protect it and make it more solid in the meantime.

The first step was to make a floor / chassis in my usual way.


I've left it slightly over length at the open end for now.

However this still leaves the issue of the long, unconnected sides flapping about and nothing to support the top rail.

So what I've cope up with is some temporary pieces which will hold the sides roughly in position and help the body shell to keep its shape in the meantime.


This was one of the main reasons that I choose to cast the body sides out of resin because they will put up with far more abuse at this stage compare to side made from styrene which might possibly bend or break apart if left unsupported.

No comments:

Post a Comment