Thursday 7 October 2021

Brexit Yellow

Himself took the decision on which colour scheme to paint diesel 9 out of my hands by giving the bodyshell a couple of coats of yellow before the pixels had appeared on your screen in the previous post about this model.


As always, our readership was quick to point out the gaps in my knowledge, and it turns out that what I assumed was faded paint on the bonnet at one point was, in fact, just undercoat!

Being more familiar with the stringent paint shop procedures at Boston Lodge it hadn't occurred to me that a half-painted locomotive would be left out in the yard, and used, but I guess that's the difference at Dinas.

I'm rather pleased with how well the resin cast bonnet doors look now they're painted to match the rest of the body. 

We haven't attempted an exactl colour match but have used the closest Hunbrol tin we can find to the pictures of the real locomotive, which I'm told is painted 'JCB yellow'.

Or, as other readers have suggested, that shade should perhaps be called 'Brexit Yellow' on account of the political views of the chairman.

Although given the current state of the economy and society in these islands I'd suggest that prefix might be more appropriate for a particular shade of brown....

No comments:

Post a Comment