Tuesday 5 October 2021

Unforgiving Benches

I always consider the return of Strictly on the telly as the start of modelling season.

Especially during the early rounds of the series it keeps the ladies of the house entertained for long enough on a Saturday night for me to sneak off to the study and get a decent amount of work done - more than two hours worth in this case.

While Adam Peaty and the other celebs were wiggling their hips I was merrily chopping and bonding styrene to make a start on the interior for carriage 21, starting with the bench seats.


This carriage is unusual because the compartments above the bogies have the floor raised up, which is different to the Ashbury carriages inherited from the NWNGR / WHR.

The one thing I'd forgotten - until Himself pointed it out - is that it will have have to be split up in order to get it into place.

I've been building it from above, with the roof off.

But once that's soldered in place the only way in is from underneath, and I haven't accounted for the 1cm wide plates at the end of the carriage which the floor bolts onto.

It should be an easy fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment